Coniston, Cumbria £25000
Located close to Coniston, this popular and well established inn is looking to recruit a permanent Sous Chef to their very busy team.
You will be assisting the Head Chef with the running of the food operation and covering for him on his days off.
The food, you will be cooking, will be traditional British pub cuisine. In the main you will be using fresh ingredients (the only bought in dishes are locally sourced and of a very high quality).
In addition to cooking, you will also be assisting with kitchen management, stock ordering, specials and menus, hygiene and staff supervision.
During the summer months you will work long hours (as is usual in the Lake District) but you will be compensated with fewer hours during the winter season. The kitchen is open, daily, between 7.30am and 9:00pm. Mid-week the kitchen caters for 220 to 230 covers, much higher at the weekends.
This is a great place to live and work and it’s very busy.
Our client will consider local candidates and live in candidates. The most important qualities they are looking for include;
- Genuine passion for cooking
- Worked at Sous Chef level
- Stable work history
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Looking for a permanent (not a seasonal) role
- Preferably a none smoker (you will get breaks but not “fag breaks”)
- Ideally someone used to cooking high quality pub restaurant food
- Can cope under pressure (turn out quality well presented dishes, quickly)
- You should be prepared to undertake a trial shift (for which you will be paid)
Salary and benefits
- Salary: £25,000 per year (might be slightly negotiable for the right person)
- 28 days holiday per year
- Closed on Christmas day
- Live in is available, if required. It’s a double room in a shared staff house and the charge is £35 per week
How to apply
Please apply via this site to the appointed recruitment consultants, Recruit Cumbria Ltd. Direct applications to the employer will not be considered.
Please note: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the legal right to live and work in the UK.