Workington, Cumbria NMW / NLW
Permanent, full time, job opportunity for a Sales Assistant to join the team within a well established and successful local business, in Workington. Your job will be to look after customers and help to increase sales whilst ensuring your area of the store is welcoming and the displays are inviting and well stocked.
The ideal person, for this role, will have exceptional customer service and retail sales skills which ideally will have been gained in a department store, home store or cookware environment.
You will be working 37 hours per week. The shop is open 7 days a week (including bank holidays) so you should be happy and willing to work any of those days. You should also be prepared to work extra hours to cover your colleagues when they are taking holidays. You will get 2 days off per week.
- Sales experience gained within a department store, home store or cook ware shop
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Happy to learn about new products
- Loves helping people
- Plenty of initiative
- Friendly and polite
- Happy to work extra hours / days when needed
- Salary: National Minimum or Living Wage for your age group
- Statutory pension scheme
- Permanent job – direct with the employer
- 37 hours per week (will include weekends and bank holidays) plus extra hours when required
- 28 days holiday per year (pro rata)
- Training and development
- Staff discounts
- Fun friendly and lovely working environment
How to apply
Please apply via this site to the appointed recruitment consultants, Recruit Cumbria Ltd.
Please note: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the legal right to live and work in the UK.