We have a permanent job opportunity available, in the Lake District, for a Maintenance person who can turn their hands to just about anything, including; minor electrical work, plumbing, hot tub & pool maintenance, grounds maintenance and everything in between. The vacancy is within a very busy hotel.
Your new job
- Undertake plumbing, painting, decorating, carpentry and minor electrical and mechanical engineering work as necessary to maintain safe and efficient systems within the hotel. With occasional gardening works as and when the business needs
- Ensure that all work undertaken is done safely and in accordance with the relevant approved codes of practice
- Respond to the maintenance requests in order of priority and ensure that adequate levels of spares are maintained and effectively used in order to give a high standard of appearance throughout the buildings
- Learn quickly the understanding of the site and specifically all items of plant and equipment and all guest facilities
- Responsible for the control of contractors and their equipment when on site. ensuring the proper use of permits to work, safe systems of work and log in/out procedures & PPE
- Be aware of own safety and that of guests and other staff and contractors whilst on site
- Testing and recording on a weekly, Monthly and quarterly basis EG: Safety systems, Fire alarm systems. Generators. Boiler room plant equipment. Tv and digital systems. Biomass Boiler. Golf buggies. Ventilation systems. Pond and water treatment systems. Sewage Packet plant
- Thorough understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in a similar role in a Hotel or Leisure complex is a bonus!
- Pool plant trained with certification. (Desirable but not necessary as training will be given)
- A basic knowledge of health & safety legislation.
- To be self-motivated. Reliable and polite and friendly to all you meet
- Very good communication skills to all levels of personnel.
- Good verbal and written English
- Flexible in your approach to working times and conditions
- Willing to work on a weekend rota system with other Hotel engineers (1 in 4)
- Good problem-solving skills with a methodical approach
- A full driving licence is essential
Salary and benefits
- £10.00 – £12.00 per hour
- Full time hours / permanent position
- 28 days holiday per year
- Great career prospects (locally and worldwide)
- Gym membership
- Discounted spa treatments
- Friendly, warm working environment
- Beautiful work location (it’s stunning!)
Please note: We can only consider applications from candidates who already have the legal right to live and work in the UK.