Workington, Cumbria £8.72 per hour
Kitchen based permanent job opportunity available for an experienced Kitchen Assistant. You will be working 5 days per week (6 hours per shift, minimum) on a rota basis. The rota will include Saturdays and there may also be the odd Sunday too.
There will be the opportunity to work more than 30 hours per week, from time to time, to cover busier periods and holidays or sickness.
The job is in a large cafe restaurant which can seat over 120 customers, it’s done out really nice and they have a brand new kitchen.
You will be assisting in the kitchen and your duties will include;
- Rinsing plates, pots, pans and cutlery
- Feeding the dish wash machine
- Cleaning floors and surfaces
- Unpacking deliveries and stocking cupboards and fridges
- Helping with food preparation (chopping, buttering, etc)
- Helping with cooking (soups, pies, quiches etc)
- Assisting the Chefs
- Willing to help out front of house staff(waiting and counters) if needed
To apply for this position you should ideally have worked in catering (preferably a kitchen) before and have a good understanding of food safety and hygiene. There are times of the day when it can get really busy so you must be able to work under pressure.
- Good team player
- Catering and kitchen experience
- Clean and presentable
- Understands food safety and hygiene
- Good attendance record
- Hardworking and reliable
- Basic cooking skills would be useful
- Able to work at least 30 hours per week (usually includes Saturdays but might be the odd Sunday too)
- Live within easy travelling distance of Dunmail Park, Workington
Salary and benefits
- Hourly rate of pay of £8.72 (subject to NMW for your age group)
- Permanent job, working at least 30 hours per week
- Statutory pension scheme
- Staff discounts
- Free car parking
- Bus stop nearby
- Opportunities to progress
- Team working environment
- Established secure employer
How to apply
Please apply via this site to the appointed recruitment consultants, Recruit Cumbria Ltd. Direct applications to the employer will not be considered.
Please note: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the legal right to live and work in the UK.