Driver / Warehouse Assistant
Workington, Cumbria £8.72 per hour
Our retail client is looking to recruit a Van Driver / Warehouse Assistant to their team. This is a permanent job opportunity with an established local company.
You will be delivering furniture to people’s homes across West Cumbria and beyond. You will also be assembling some furniture.
To be considered for this role you will need a clean driving licence, have experience of driving a van (it’s 3.5tonne for which a normal driving licence is acceptable), be of smart appearance and have really good people skills (as you will be delivering to customers). You must also be able to work on Saturdays (you’ll get two days off per week).
Your new job
- Loading and unloading the van
- Checking delivery paperwork and routes
- Driving a 3.5t van
- Delivery of furniture to customers homes
- Placing furniture into the rooms
- Assembly of some furniture items
- Giving excellent customer service
- Competed delivery paperwork, getting signatures etc
- Keep the van (and yourself) clean and tidy
- Experience of van driving (3.5t) and delivery
- Knowledge of West Cumbria roads
- Clean UK driving licence
- Great customer service skills
- Smart, clean appearance
- Possibly have worked in a similar position (deliveries, removals etc)
- Able to do furniture assembly
- Preferably a none smoker
Salary and benefits
- £8.72 per hour
- Full time (37 hours per week)
- 5 days per week (includes Saturdays)
- 28 days holiday per year
- Company pension scheme
- Permanent job direct with the employer
- Staff discounts
How to apply
Please apply via this site to the appointed recruitment consultants, Recruit Cumbria Ltd. Direct applications to the employer will not be considered.
Please note: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the legal right to live and work in the UK.