Workington, Cumbria £8.72 per hour
Do you have experience of working in a café or restaurant? Can you operate a till and give great customer service? Are you a team player and a real people person?
If this is you and you are looking for a new permanent job, our client is hiring a Café Assistant for their successful cafe / restaurant at Dunmail Park.
The successful candidate will have worked in a café or restaurant before and should be willing to work on Saturdays and Sundays as well as early evenings in accordance with the rota.
You will be working 30 hours per week (over 5 days) but additional hours may often be available if you want them.
It’s a great job opportunity for the right candidate to join an established and very well-respected local business.
Your new job
- Setting up the counter and tables at the start of each day
- Making and serving tea and coffee
- Serving meals, snacks and cakes to the table
- Taking payments by cash and card / operating the till and pdq
- Providing excellent customer service / making sure customers are happy
- Carrying out daily and weekly cleaning duties
- Cleaning of counters, floors and tables
- Assisting other members of the team, where needed
- Following Covid 19 procedures
- Previous experience of working in a busy café or restaurant, preferred
- Able to operate a till
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good communications skills
- Able to work weekends and evenings, when required
- Should already have the legal right to work in the UK
Salary and benefits
- £8.72 per hour (subject to NMW for your age group)
- Statutory pension scheme
- Permanent job – direct with the employer
- 30 per week ( can include early evenings and weekends)
- 28 days holiday per year
- Training and development
- Staff discounts
- Fun friendly and lovely working environment
How to apply
Please apply via this site to the appointed recruitment consultants, Recruit Cumbria Ltd. Direct applications to the employer will not be considered.
Please note: We can only consider applications from candidates who have the legal right to live and work in the UK.